Hiking Mt. Tamalpais and Muir Woods
Marin is known for its parks and hiking opportunities and no hotel is better located for this than us. Hiking trails into Muir Woods and Mt. Tamalpais are right outside our hotel.
Below is a sampling of hikes:
- Mountain Home Inn to Muir Woods
- Mountain Home Inn to West Point Inn
- Mountain Home Inn to Tourist Club
- Mountain Home Inn to Van Wyck Meadow
- Mountain Home Inn to Hoo-Koo-E-Koo Loop
- Mountain Home Inn to Camp Eastwood
- Mountain Home Inn to Top of Mt. Tam/East Peak
- Mountain Home Inn Bike Ride to Top of Mt. Tam (via Old Railroad Grade)
- Mountain Home Inn to Mountain Play Theatre
- Mountain Home Inn to Downtown Mill Valley
Note: the mountain has steep sides. For safety's sake, please stay on the marked and maintained trails and avoid the rough, unmarked trails made by animals and human wandering.
Climb the mountains and get their glad tidings; Peace will flow into you as sunshine into flowers; the winds will blow their freshness into you and storms their energy, and cares will drop off you like autumn leaves. John Muir
Photo Credits: Tom Spaulding (Cascade Falls) and Jason Armstrong (Bolinas Ridge with offshore fog bank). Both Copyrighted (c) and used w/permission.